Chapeltown Arts is an arts organisation located in Chapeltown, Leeds. It began life in 2013 as Chapeltown Arts Festival LTD and ran 3 annual arts and creativity festivals. It is now Chapeltown Arts and runs events throughout the year.
Chapeltown Arts promotes a wide range of arts and creativity in Chapeltown and the wider community of Leeds and encourages participation and engagement with residents, artists and supporters of the arts.
Events are developed across the whole of the community – drawing in older and younger people, businesses, and voluntary organisations as part of the planning process. Chapeltown is an area of ethnic diversity in Leeds where many artists and creatives practice. For all artists, both established and emerging, Chapeltown Arts offers an opportunity to showcase new work or to show work for the first time. By encouraging community participation and engagement we aim to continue celebrating creativity.
Chapeltown Arts LTD has the following Aims & Objectives:
- To support artistic and creative talent in Chapeltown.
- To showcase Chapeltown as one of the art centres of Leeds and be recognised as such nationally and internationally.
- To support emerging, mid career and established artists to exhibit or perform their work.
- To utilise the arts to develop community participation in the festival and its associated events.
- To attract new audiences and visitors from the city and region wide.
- To retain and develop an audience from within Chapeltown.
- To build community cohesion by engaging individuals, groups, businesses and organisations and creating new partnerships/collaborations/networks.
To develop a sustainable strategy for the organisation whereby the positive gains are not lost but are used as building blocks for future art festivals and events in Chapeltown.
Chapeltown Arts. Company Ltd by Guarantee – Company number 9432663